Chapel Hill Transit will make temporary schedule adjustments to increase the reliability of the bus system in the face of staffing shortages.
Starting Monday Sept. 20, CHT will implement the following adjustments:
The last trip on most routes will run until 8 p.m.
- On weekdays, the NS route will run less frequently until 10 p.m.
- On weekends, the J and NS routes will run every hour and 20 minutes.
- The schedule for FCX and NU routes will not change
No midday service on F, G, HS & T routes
- The F, G, HS, and T routes will only run between 6:30 and 9 a.m. and 2:30 and 5:30 p.m. to provide options for students and employees commuting to Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools, UNC-Chapel Hill, and UNC Hospitals
- F Route Trips (from Jones Ferry Road): 6:30 and 7:30 a.m. & 2:30 and 3:30 p.m.
- G Route Trips (from Booker Creek): 7 and 8 a.m. & 3 and 4 p.m.
- HS Route Trips (from Morris Grove): 7:15, 7:50 & 8:25 a.m. and 3:25, 4:00 & 4:35 p.m.
- T Route Trips (from ECHHS): 7:05 and 8:05 a.m. & 4:10 and 5:15 p.m.
420, CL, NU, weekend J, and weekend NS customers will have fewer trips
- The NU route will run every 30 minutes
- The CL route will run about every 40 minutes
Route 420 will run at the following times:
- 6:00, 6:55, 8:00 & 8:30 a.m. from Hillsborough
- 3:40, 4:40, 5:45 & 6:15 p.m. from UNC Hospitals
- The weekend J will run every hour and 20 minutes
- The weekend NS will run every hour and 20 minutes
Friday Center South Park and Ride Lot users will need to use the Friday Center Park and Ride Lot
- The Friday Center South Park & Ride Lot will be closed (formerly the NC-54 Park and Ride Lot)
- The S route will serve the Friday Center Park and Ride Lot
- The FCX route will serve stops on NC-54 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and after 8 p.m.
These reductions will remain in effect until Chapel Hill Transit is able to hire more operators.
Chapel Hill Transit is actively recruiting operators. Chapel Hill Transit offers wages starting at $16+ an hour, paid training and benefits. People interested can apply at chtransit.org.